ISP1507-AL Bluetooth® Module
Insight SiP's low-energy, fully-certified module features an integrated antenna and BLE functionality
Insight SiP's ISP1507-AL is a full Bluetooth 4.2+ module offered in a miniature system-in-package (SiP) format. The device is based on the Nordic Semi's nRF52810 chipset and includes all passives, matching crystals, and an integrated antenna. This highly capable device integrates a 64 MHz Arm® Cortex®-M4 processor, 196K of Flash, and 24K RAM, and other peripheral interfaces such as SPI, UART, I2C, and GPIOs.
The module features the same class-leading characteristics for power consumption and performance as the 1507-AX, but with a smaller memory and more limited I/O set, resulting in lower cost. This makes the device ideal for uses with relatively straightforward requirements such as wireless sensor applications, or where there is a separate host microprocessor and the requirement is to “just add Bluetooth”.
The device is Bluetooth 5 compliant and offers the high speed and high throughput capabilities of the Bluetooth 5 specification with a maximum data rate of 2 Mb per second. Full software support is supplied with BLE 4.2+ and ANT+ stacks available using Nordic Semi's market-proven range of soft devices.
Thanks to FCC, CE, Telec, provided BT SiG certification, and encapsulated and working RF functions, the module provides a fast time to market for electronic users looking to take advantage of the Bluetooth technology.
- Full Bluetooth low-energy 4.2 feature set, high-speed, and high throughput capability
- Miniature 8 mm x 8 mm x 1 mm SiP format
- Crystals (32 kHz and 32 MHz) and DC/DC matching circuit included
- Patented antenna-in-package (AiP) technology gives excellent radio coverage from a tiny device
- Full I/O set available for maximum flexibility
- FCC, CE, Telec, and BT SiG certifications
- Class-leading power consumption characteristics with Tx/Rx current at 5 mA and deep sleep of 0.4 µA
- Powerful onboard Cortex-M4 processor, 196K Flash, and 24K RAM
- Bluetooth connectivity node for applications with an existing host microprocessor
- Wireless sensor applications
- Home appliances
- Remote control units and enabling remote control of devices by smartphone
- Wireless interfaces for industrial devices