SSP3 Series LED Driver Surge Protector
Thomas Research Products surge protectors are designed for use with LED drivers
Thomas Research Products' SSP3 compact surge protection devices (SPDs) provide maximum 20,000 A protection on line-to-neutral (L-N) or phase-to-phase coupling modes; 12,000 A maximum protection is provided on line-to-ground (L-G) or neutral-to-ground (N-G) coupling modes.
These UL1449 recognized components are matched to LED drivers that operate at 120 V through 277 V or 347 V through 480 V ranges. The SSP3 series provides extra switching transient protection for LL and L-N connections to meet the challenge of typical building power disturbances.
Thomas Research Products provides one of the most comprehensive lines of surge protectors in North America designed specifically for lighting. Customers can avoid costly problems in 24/7 applications, including big-box retail, warehouses, parking garages, and even street lighting.
- Enhanced surge rating on L-N connections of 20,000 A (max.) to protect against switching transients found in commercial electrical systems
- Designated UL 1449 Type 5 recognized component in the United States and Canada
- Operating temperature: -35ºC to +85ºC (ambient)
- 277 V model: protection for LED drivers capable of operating at 277 V input voltage or with universal input range of 120 V through 277 V
- 480 V model: protection for LED drivers capable of operating at 480 V input voltage or with universal input ranges of 277 V through 480 V or 347 V through 480 V
- Basic protection on L-G and N-G connections of 12,000 A (max.)
- SSP3-277 is a 3-leaded device that protects all single-phase coupling modes (L-N, L-G, and N-G) in accordance with IEEE/ANSI C62.41-2002 select guidelines
- SSP3-480 is a 3-leaded device that protects all single-phase coupling modes (phase a, phase b, phase a-ground, and phase b-ground) in accordance with IEEE/ANSI C62.41- 2002 select guidelines
- Protects against surges and transients per ANSI C62.41-2002 category C low (6 KV, 1.2/50 μS and 3 KA, 8/20 μS) standard combo waves and (6 KV, 100 KHz) ring wave
- Protects against surges and transients per ANSI C82.77-5 2015 category C medium (10 KV, 1.2/50 μS and 5 KA, 8/20 μS) standard combo waves and (6 KV, 100 KHz) ring wave